Tawheed is the Foundation of all Foundations
Whoever neglects the foundations will be prevented from reaching the destination
By the noble Sheikh Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi
May Allah keep him steadfast
Translated by Al Muwahideen Media
Due to the importance of Tawheed, and because for us it comes first and always, we return once more to focus our attention at the terrible annoyance felt by some due to us following the model of our Prophet ﷺ by us frequently talking about Tawheed while they say that the Ummah already believes in Tawheed and is not in a need for the call towards Tawheed!
No doubt, such inconsistent speech is one of the things that clearly confirm the need for many of the preachers and fighters to study Tawheed, and to understand it and to know what are the actions of Shirk and of ascribing partners to divinity, that nullify it, especially the modern forms of Shirk that have spread amongst individuals and groups today.
And no one will belittle the importance of it except two kinds of people:
The first: The one who is ignorant of the reality of Tawheed and the great position it holds in the religion of Islam.
The second: The one who is ignorant of the reality around. He does not know the situation of the people and of the groups, and what modern forms of Shirk that contradict Tawheed are being spread amongst them!
As for the reality of Tawheed and the great status that it holds in the religion of Islam, it is what we are frequently speaking about. We have spoken about it repeatedly time after time and we still do so.
Tawheed is the foundation of the foundations in the religion of Islam, and is its deep-rooted fundament without which the structure of Islam cannot be erected. Without it no deed is accepted, neither worship, nor ritual, nor preaching, nor Jihad nor anything else!
Allah The Exalted said regarding the Prophets, the best of mankind: “That is the guidance of Allah, with which He guides whom He wills of His servants, and if they had committed Shirk, their deeds would have been rendered worthless”. (Al An’aam 6:88)
Likewise, Allah the Exalted said regarding those who performed deeds without Tawheed: “We will look at whatever deeds they have done, and will make them as scattered particles of dust“. (Al Furqan 25.23)
Without Tawheed you will not attain salvation, and you cannot attain the pleasure of the Lord and His Paradise. It (Tawheed) is Al-‘Urwat ul-Wuthqah (the most trusty handhold that will never break) with which Allah linked salvation to. Thus, He, glory be to Him said: “There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break“. (Al-Baqarah 2.256)
As for the reality today, one can ascertain that many people are either nullifiers of Tawheed or diluting it, or are ignorant of Al-‘Urwat ul-Wuthqah, or unstable in it, or deviating towards either extremism or negligence, if he ponders about:
– The palace scholars who have gone astray and led others astray and entered into the religion of the Taghut and called the people to enter into it, and waged war on all those who went against it (the Taghut) and classified them as Khawarij and as terrorists, and after classifying them as such they made it obligatory to wage war against them and to arrest them and to exterminate them!
– And it will be enough for him if he looks at the situation of the groups of Irja’, the Madkhalis, the Jāmiya and their likes, as to how they have entered into the religion of the Tawaghīt by joining their hands with them and by giving them their hearts, thus becoming their readied soldiers and loyal spies. It reached the point where many of them became more sincere and more useful to the Taghut in securing his throne even more than his military, army, security and intelligence agencies. The soldiers and the army of the Taghut strike with the sword of the Taghut and his authority, and they force the people submit to his laws. On the other hand the palace scholars strike with the sword of what they claimed to be ‘Shari’a’ and make the people submit to it, and they call them to enter into the religion of the Taghut, by using evidences from the two divine revelations (Quran and Sunnah) which they have distorted and with the statements of the Salaf which they apply in a wrong context! The people then submit to them and follow them in the name of the Shari’a. Thus, they have blackened the face of the Shari’a by them going astray and leading others astray..!
– It will be enough for him if he considers the situation of the groups that have not understood from Tawheed that which will prevent them from entering the modern day domes of idolatry, and its towers, and its polytheistic parliaments. They did not understand from Tawheed that which will prevent them from making their followers gods who legislate.
Allah the Exalted said, “Are diverse lords better or Allah, the One, the Prevailing? Those whom you serve beside Him are merely names that you and your fathers have fabricated, without Allah sending down any sanction for them. All authority to judge rests only with Allah. He has commanded that you serve none but Him. This is the Right Way of life, though most people are altogether unaware”. (Yusuf 2.39-40)
Many people have been deluded by them by following them, supporting them and voting for them to participate in this modern day idolatry…!
– Let him ponder on the situation of many of those affiliated to Islam, whether individuals or factions, how they have not understood from Tawheed that which will prevent them from supporting the Tawaghīt, and from protecting their laws and supporting the Kuffār of the east and the west against the best Mujāhidīn who are striving to establish the Shari’a and to implement Allah’s Tawheed in His legislation over man.
You see those with long beards and those who are affiliated to Da’wah who join the Taghut army and secularist soldiers, that they have become pleased to be the soldiers of the (Kufr) laws, and their intelligence and their detectives and their security forces. They have not understood from Allah’s Tawheed that which will prevent them from that, in spite of the fact that it is from the clearest nullifiers of Tawheed for those who understand it.
– Let him ponder on the situation of many of the Sheikhs and students of knowledge who argue on behalf of the secular Tawaghīt and those who rule by other than what Allah has revealed, who have not understood from Tawheed nor its Al-‘Urwat ul-Wuthqah that which will prevent them from justifying for the rulers who rule by other than what Allah has revealed, and from facilitating his crimes and making it easy, by claiming that it is Kufr Dūna Kufr (a minor Kufr that does not take one out of the fold of Islam)! Thus, they made the crimes of the Tawaghīt who compete against Allah by legislating laws which Allah has not permitted, who have become guards for Kufr, and allies of the Kuffar, and enemies of the Muslims, who want other than Allah to be a judge and other than His religion as a path. They treated all these and even more, as a mere sin that does not remove its perpetrator from the religion of Islam!
So by that they have resembled the Jews who turned away from ruling by the revealed law and from following His judgment, by regarding this sin as insignificant. Allah the Exalted said, “Have you not seen those who have been given a portion of the Scripture? They are being invited to the Book of Allah to settle their dispute, while a party of them turns away in aversion. That is because they say: “The Fire shall not touch us but for a limited number of days.” The false beliefs which they have forged have deluded them in their faith”. (Aal ‘Imran 3.23-24)
The Jews regarded their worship of the calf as “kufr dūna kufr”, and they claimed that they will not enter the fire except for a limited number of forty days which is according to the number of days they had worshipped the calf. By that, they made light many acts of Kufr and Shirk, which emboldened them to finally turn away from Allah’s laws.
These ‘Khawaalif’ (it can mean either successors of the Jews or those who are corrupt, or those who stayed away from Jihad against the Tawagheet) who have not understood Tawheed, claimed that the one who follows other than Allah’s legislation – that in which he and the worshipper of the calf are equal – they regarded their Shirk as ‘kufr dūna kufr’. For these people Tawheed does not prevent them from giving allegiance and support and dominance to such a person against the Muslims!
The one who observes the situation of these, and those, and their likes, and observes the situation of those who argue with us over these issues which must be the “a,b,c…” of Tawheed for the followers of Islam, will know the dire necessity and importance of speaking about Tawheed, and the importance of stressing on the call towards Tawheed repeatedly and the need for the Ummah to understand it and to know what contradicts it from the modern forms of Shirk that many people have entered into in groups and as individuals!
No one will be surprised by our words as we have stated above, nor will anyone who understands Tawheed and knows the situation today and looks at it carefully and understands the modern forms of Shirk, condemn our words.
May Allah have mercy on our Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah who said, “This Shirk has still not ceased to increase until it now filled every part of the earth, and the Ghurabaa (the strangers) have still not ceased to condemn it, but they are very few and they are not listened to nor obeyed”.
Oh Allah! Make us from amongst the Ghurabaa (the strangers), who hold firmly to their Tawheed, and who call to it, fight for it, and who warn from Shirk and its people, and disassociate themselves from that until we meet You.
All praise is to Allah, the Lord of all that exists. May prayers and peace be upon the noblest of creation and the leader of the Prophets and Messengers.
Justpaste Link : https://justpaste.it/TawheedAslulUsoolE